Granada is famous for its tapas not only for its quality but because you get a free tapa every time you order a drink. Usually, granaínos move from bar to bar and taste tapas in every bar the go. Wanna try the “tapeo”? These are the bests places with the best tapas in Granada.
- Around our hostel you can find traditional tapas bars. Most of these places are well-known among locals so you will have authentic Spanish food. The best places are around the Plaza de San Miguel Bajo and the Plaza Aliatar. We absolutely love the migas (crumbs) and the berenjenas con miel (fried aubergine with sugar cane honey).
- What once was the Jewish quarter now is one of the best places for eating in Granada. There are several top quality restaurants and great places for tapas too. Calle Navas is very famous among both locals and tourists and if there is a place you can’t miss that’s Los Diamantes and its fritura de pescado (fried fish). El Braserito or La Tana are also good places to have a good meal. In the center of El Realejo you can find the Campo del Principe where you can can enjoy traditional dishes from Granada. Our pick: Tavern Tofe, Los Altramuces and Las Niñas.
Plaza de Toros
- If you want quality and big tapas, you have to go to the bars near the Plaza de Toros (bullring). These are tapas bars where students and young people go seeking for abundant tapas. Our favorites are: La Ballena Alegre, Brasilia, El Nido del Buho and Los Pescadores.
- One of the most desirable neighborhoods for tapas. Ecu, El Retranqueo, Mayto and Casa Miguel Serranito are among the best places for “tapeo”.
- La Chana is kind of far from the city center but has been included in all the “where to eat cheap in Granada” lists. It has low prices, big tapas and local atmosphere. In Las Torres you will find the largest number of bars, including the Bar Teruel, La locura del rey or El Güejareño.
- Enjoy your meal and eat Granada!